Tuesday, April 12, 2016

HELLO SWEET FRIENDS/ INTRODUCTION

Hello Sweet Friends,

 Welcome to my documentation of European travel, art making and exploration for the next four months. Through this journal, it is my intention to share experiences of  discovery with work, travel and friends in Germany, Spain and places in-between. You will find most entries centric to art and culture, as my travel is primarily based on two distinctive artist residency invitations - Munich, Germany and Rota, Spain. I sincerely appreciate your interest in following along this journey with me.

M.


________________________________________________________________________




"Let things flow naturally forward in whatever way they like" - Lao Tzu



The Introduction -  From the Northland


January, 2016
It was still cold in the northland and even        though it was no comparison to last year's tempestuous weather, I had my fill of winter driving and snow. I think it was the continual shift between locals that effected me the most - long distance driving for work, music making, art making, good pals and living - all made it a challenge that even an overdose of B+ vitamins could not remedy


My last artist residency was in November (2015) in North Carolina --  No Boundaries International Art Colony and art exhibition at the Wilma Daniels Gallery.  This was a great experience for me as an artist - it was nothing short of exhilarating.  I came out of it feeling  whole as an artist again with an added bonus of new-forever art peeps.

Upon returning from North Carolina, I received a call from a Nashville artist friend and filmmaker, Patricia Earnhardt, asking me if I would consider filling in for an artist that had backed out on an upcoming collaborative project. The project was with herself and German artist, Sabine Schlunk.  The sweetness of the deal included a residency and exhibition  in Munich at the Gedok Gallery of Fine Art. I responded yes -  without hesitation - of course!


Departure: April 2, 2016.

Return Ticket to Paris purchased at once.

Duration Time in Europe:  4 months - which includes a second art residency invitation for myself in Southern Spain (Rota).


Once I made this commitment, things started to move at a rapid tempo - and in the end (departure day) all just naturally fell into place.


M.

No comments:

Post a Comment